The Alumni Association and Student Affairs co-sponsor several programs to assist alumni in connecting to students and to other alumni while developing their own professional skills.
LionLink is a professional networking program that links Penn State students and alumni with alumni volunteer Career Coaches. Career Coaches provide valuable information and advice on jobs and careers to Career Explorers.
Alumni Career Explorers: If you do not already have an account with Nittany Lion Alumni Career Network, please create one now. Once your account is approved, fill out the profile information completely so you are set to start searching for coaches. To create an account, fill out this registration form. Returning users, access your account here.
Student Career Explorers: Log in to Nittany Lion Career Network (NLCN) to make sure your profile is correct and up-to-date. You will see the LionLink feature on your home screen in NLCN. You can access NLCN through the student portal. If for some reason, LionLink does not show up on your home screen, please contact us at the address below to have it added to your account.
What are LionLink Coaches?
- Dr. Caryl Russo Singer, '82
- Alumni who are willing to answer questions from students and alumni about where they work, what they do and how they got there.
- Alumni who want to give back to Penn State by sharing the wisdom gained through their life and career experiences.
- Learn about the various careers connected to their major.
- Get an insider's perspective of a "day-in-the-life" of different jobs.
- Learn about company cultures to find the right fit for them
- Advice about how to make themselves a strong candidate for their dream career
- A LionLink coach is not a career counselor. Penn State offers trained career counselors for both students and alumni.
- A LionLink coach is not a job placement agency. Coaches are welcome to pass along information about openings they know of, but that is not expected and career explorers are encourage to use coaches as informational resources, not job leads.
- A LionLink coach does not need to have all the answers. Coaches should simply answer the questions as best as they can.
Alumni Career Coaches: Register as a Career Coach to assist career explorers.
Returning Alumni Coaches: Access your account here!