Ad Hoc Committee on Excessive Drinking Issues
Kay Salvino, Chair
Logan Cawley (Lion Ambassadors)
The President of the Penn State Alumni Association has authorized appointment of a special committee—the Ad Hoc Committee on Excessive Drinking Issues—to support town-gown activities designed to mitigate the culture of excessive drinking within the Penn State community. The group will serve in an advisory capacity to Alumni Association staff. Its focus will be on developing communications and marketing strategies and tactics targeted primarily to the alumni audience. Messages will align with the Alumni Association's mission and its role as a responsible University and community partner.
Alumni Responsibility Message:
(adopted by the Ad Hoc Committee on Sept. 29, 2011)
WE ARE … Penn State alumni promoting responsible alcohol behavior.
WE ARE … alumni who embrace the spirit of the Alma Mater—
“May no act of ours bring shame … may our lives but swell thy fame.”
WE ARE … alumni who at all Penn State events let moderation be our guide.
WE ARE … alumni who serve as responsible role models at Penn State gatherings.
WE ARE … proud Penn State alumni who are part of the solution to the national problem
of excessive drinking on college campuses.
Links and Resources:
- Model Chicago Chapter Statement of Support
- College of Education Statement of Support
- Taking Action to Eradicate State Patty's Day—Roger Williams, Executive Director (February 2012)
- Recovery Community Forming at Penn State—Roger Williams, Executive Director (September 2011)
- Combating the Excessive Drinking Problem—Roger Williams, Executive Director (February 2011)
- Penn State Pulse Report on Student Drinking (Spring 2011)
- Penn State Pulse Report on Student Drinking (Spring 2013)
- Take the Lead posters for the student-led campaign to promote responsible drinking at Penn State
- Alcohol Awareness news on Penn State Live