Members of the Penn State Alumni Association are able to sign up for a personal Penn State email account (@alumni.psu.edu) hosted by Google Apps for Education. This service is accessed through your online directory profile.To sign up or make changes to your email account, follow these instructions:
- Visit http://directory.alumni.psu.edu/
- Log into the online directory or choose "First time login" to create your username and password to access the directory.
- Choose "My Profile" and scroll to the bottom to see the "Alumni Membership Email benefit" section.
- Click the blue "Edit" button to the right of "Alumni Membership Email benefit" to choose or edit your @alumni.psu.edu email address.
- Enter a username of your choice. If this username is available an activation email will be sent to the email address in your online directory account.
- If the address you choose is unavailable, the website will notify you. Try a different address until the one you choose is available.
- The activation email contains instructions to log into your new Google Apps for Education account. The email will include a temporary password and the activation process will ask you to change your password as soon as you log in.
This new service has more functionality than the email forwarding service we previously offered. Learn more about the benefits of Google Apps for Education.