Alumni Members Have Two Weeks Remaining to Vote In the Alumni Council Elections
UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. (May 16, 2012) Alumni members of the Penn State Alumni Association have two weeks left to vote in the Alumni Association’s Alumni Council election, which runs through midnight, May 31. Ballot instructions and a link were e-mailed to each eligible voteers on May 8. Elected alumni will represent the more than 557,000 Penn Staters by giving them a voice in the running of the Alumni Association.
This year, 18 candidates are running for 10 Alumni Council positions. Each elected member serves a three-year term. Council members serve on committees and task forces, and elect the vice president of the Alumni Association, who then assumes the presidency.
The 18 candidates running for Alumni Council, in alphabetical order with job title, company and hometown, are:
- Samuel Morris Bernstine ’78 H&HD, Principal, Kepner-Tregoe, Inc.; New Castle, Pa.
- Martha “Liz” Bligan ’81 Sci, ’98g IDF, Director, Human Resources, AGC Chemicals American Inc.; Chesterbrook, Pa.
- Robert J. Booz ’68 Bus, ’99 Lib, Retired Director of Development, Office of the Senior VP for Research & Dean of the Graduate School at Penn State; Centre Hall, Pa.
- Wendy E. Braund ’01 Hershey, State Health Officer and Senior Administrator, Public Health Division, Wyoming Department of Health; Cheyenne, Wyo.
- Jeff High ’91, ’93g Eng, Senior Engineering Manager, Manitowoc, Inc.; Frederick, Md.
- Shawn M. Hinkle ’01 Berks, Demand Planning Manager, C.H. Briggs Company; Reading, Pa.
- Karen E. Keller ’00 Sci, Partner, Shaw Keller LLP; Wilmington, Del.
- Norman Kraus Jr. ’77 Com, Independent Consultant, Book Publishing Industry; Aliquippa, Pa.
- Joelyn Beneigh Niggel ’74 Nurs, Nurse Manager, Fletcher Allen Health Care; Williston, Vt.
- Andrew J. Santacroce ’88 Sci, Associate Director, Verizon Wireless; Horsham, Pa.
- Roxanne (Hoffman) Shiels ’90, ’93g Agr, Associate Director of Strategy, Planning, and Faculty/Student Engagement, Office of the Vice President for Outreach at Penn State; Julian, Pa.
- Beverly Sobel-Redler ’85 Lib, Writer/Consultant, RedPrompt; Fairfax, Va.
- Sharon B. Stringer ’78 Com, ’96g, ’99g Agr, Associate Professor, Lock Haven University; State College, Pa.
- Ralph W. Tutlane Jr. ’83 EMS, Tennis Official, United States Tennis Association and Head Stock, Kenneth Cole Productions; Reading, Pa.
- David W. Ulmer ’01, ’08g Bus, Manager, Member Support Services, PJM Interconnection; Audubon, Pa.
- Steven Wagman ’82 H&HD, Vice President, Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.; Blue Bell, Pa.
- Lawrence J. Wess ’74g, ’00g Edu, Retired, Public school Superintendent/Current Educational Consultant, Cambria County Schools/Pennsylvania School Study Council Inc. & PDE; Bellefonte, Pa.
- Sean M. Wolfe ’06 Agr, Environmental Engineer, Cascades Tissue Group–Pennsylvania Inc.; Clarks Green, Pa.
Each candidate’s biography and position statement are online at www.alumni.psu.edu/council/elections.
Eighty-six members make up the Alumni Council, the governing body of the Penn State Alumni Association, which shapes and influences the policies and direction of the Alumni Association. For more information about Alumni Council and any ballot or voting issues, contact the Alumni Association email@example.com or 800-548-LION (5466), option 3.