More than 700,000 degrees have been awarded in Penn State’s storied history. From the first 12 in 1861 to the more than 18,000 a year today, the Penn State Family continues to grow and expand, with the current number of living alumni pegged at more than 645,000. These Penn Staters can be found in all 50 U.S. states and more than 160 countries in the world—and the Penn State Alumni Association connects them all through a broad array of programs, events, services, and activities.
Total Penn State Alumni: more than 645,000*
The mission of the Alumni Association is to connect alumni to the University and to each other, to provide valued services to members, and to support the University’s mission of teaching, research, and service.
Media and Public Relations Contacts
- Alumni Center exhibits spotlight university heritage
- Blue & White Society Celebrating 20 Years of student membership, pride and tradition
- Historic Faculty Cottages Serve New (And Surprising) Purpose
- The Penn Stater magazine seeks THON tales
- Q&A: Uplifting Athletes marketing and branding manager Mark Mihalik
- Penn State Alumni Association membership grows to 177,307
- Join us for Arts Festival Alumni Weekend
- Vance to receive Friend of Penn State award
- Alumni Council appointees named for 2015–18
- 5 named honorary alumni
- Ten elected to serve on Alumni Association's governing board
- Inaugural Homecoming Alumni Court open for applications