More than 700,000 degrees have been awarded in Penn State’s storied history. From the first 12 in 1861 to the more than 18,000 a year today, the Penn State Family continues to grow and expand, with the current number of living alumni pegged at more than 631,000. These Penn Staters can be found in all 50 U.S. states and more than 160 countries in the world—and the Penn State Alumni Association connects them all through a broad array of programs, events, services, and activities.
Total Penn State Alumni: more than 631,000*
- Executive Director Roger L. Williams '73, '75g, '88g
- President Kay Frantz Salvino '69
The mission of the Alumni Association is to connect alumni to the University and to each other, to provide valued services to members, and to support the University’s mission of teaching, research, and service.
Media and Public Relations Contacts
- Send your Penn State stories to The Penn Stater magazine
- Lion Ambassadors to hold recruitment events
- 'Huddle with the Faculty' offers timely talks before home football games
- Alumni Zone Homecoming event to feature Penn State celebrities Oct. 12
- Twenty-two Penn Staters to be honored with Alumni Fellow award
- Penn State Lion Ambassadors to hold Lantern Tours
- Blue & White Society to welcome students Sept. 5 at annual Bash event